Monday, September 14, 2026

My Honey

I wrote this little tribute to my Mom during a 10-minute writing session.  I thought I'd share it.

My Mom, Estella Blanche Shaw (otherwise known as Honey), went home to Jesus on August 23, 2026.  She was 95.  Her beautiful life and voice will be missed greatly.

 My Honey

She handed her card to the angel as He asked, "Ticket?"
The ticket was shaped like a cross and read, "Paid by the blood of Jesus."
The angel smiled as he said, "Welcome home, daughter."
Everything was bright, so beautiful, nothing like the dim, dreary nursing home she had just left.
But one thing stood out above all the beauty: the music! Oh my! She had never heard music like this. So beautiful, yet so familiar. She found herself singing along, her voice sounding loud and strong, like in her younger days on earth. Oh, how she had missed singing. She recognized the familiar tune from Handel's "Messiah": "I Know My Redeemer Lives."
Her voice lifted high and clear as she sang. Yes, this music, of course, came from heaven, and earth just got to hear it.
Then she saw Him, the one they were singing about. The Redeemer. His smile soaked into her, to her very heart.
He said, "Welcome home, daughter. I love your praises. You truly are that bright shining star, Estella Blanche, 
My Honey."

1 comment: