Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Solve the Riddle

 There are people who love to tell riddles, and they're usually good at solving them. I'm not in that group of people. I usually sit there feeling stupid till someone else solves it, and then I have to ask to have the solution explained to me. I'm also in that group of people who often mess up the punch line of a joke. Riddles are just so hard. They're a mystery to me. 

   I was so pleased to find this scripture recently while reading through the book of Psalms.  "I listen carefully to many proverbs and solve riddles with the inspiration from a harp." Psalms 49:4 NLT Now this verse I get!
   I have often had a perplexing problem in my life and didn't know what to do, but then, while worshipping God, usually with my guitar in my hand, the answer came to me. I was being scriptural but didn't even realize it. Each time, I was so thankful to the Lord for bringing the answer to me. One time, in particular, a picture of something came to me while I was worshipping. In this case, it was a picture of a dress. I had never seen one like that, so later, I found a piece of paper and pen, and I sketched it out. Later that year, I needed to make a dress for my daughter for her brother's wedding. I came up with a design and made it. Later, I found that piece of paper from earlier, and here it was, exactly the dress I had just designed and made. I'd forgotten about the drawing, but it was in my heart, so it still came out. During that time of worship, when I saw that 'dress,' I was a little irritated at 'seeing' it because I just wanted to worship, and here I was, seeing a dress in my mind's eye. But God downloaded it to me because I was worshipping. My focus was on Him, and then He gave me what I was going to need.
You might not play a stringed instrument, but you can still worship God. You don't worship to solve riddles or problems in your life. You just worship the Lord from your heart. And sometimes,
He can bring you the answer to your riddle while you worship. 
Every moment is a good time to praise. Anywhere you are. At any time. Lift your voice and heart to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment